Thursday, December 2, 2010

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (KKD)

Sell

Despite the better than expected profit and the 18% share price increase, I reccomend for investors to sell their stock in KKD.  Might as well take the awesome 18% price jump and sell.

Reason's I think this is not a good company to invest in:

  • Revenue has decreased every year.  How is a company that sells doghnuts supposed to grow if it can't increase revenue?
  • Profit margins are small.  the profit margin is 1.37%.  If the economy takes another turn, KKD is going to be very squeezed to make a profit.
  • It is already selling for over 5X book value.  I'm not quite sure what KKD has done to warrant such a high market price.
  • Most importantly, there are better companies to invest in like my previous recs on my Motley Fool CAPS blog including  VPRT, PNRA, and GS

No comments:

Post a Comment